Elliott Balter Sculpture Garden
The Elliott Balter Sculpture Garden Garden is a delightful way to spend an afternoon in Skokie. The late Balter attended Blairritz University in France and the School of the Art Institute of Chicago. He was a Raymond Travelling Fellow and received his MFA at the Illinois Institute of Technology. His sculpture "Swans" can be seen in the courtyard of the Skokie Public Library.
Directions to the Sculpture Garden:
From Edens Expressway:
1.Exit Edens (I-94) at Old Orchard Road.
2.Go east on Old Orchard To Crawford Avenue -- at the "T" intersection.
3. Head south on Crawford to Golf Road.
4. Drive east on Golf to East Prairie Road -- 2nd stoplight at the TJ MAXX.
5. Go south on East Prairie for one short block to Emerson Street.
6. Turn west onto Emerson and continue until reaching the studio.
From McCormick Blvd.:
1. Take McCormick Blvd. to Golf Road.
2. Head west on Golf to East Prairie Road -- first stoplight on about 150 West of McCormick.
3. Go south on East Prairie for one short block to Emergson Street.
4. Turn west onto Emerson and continue until reaching the studio.
Listen to an interview with Balter on Chicago Public Library: http://www.chicagopublicradio.org/audio_library/ram_2003b/848/848_030806d.ram